via Australian Bartender
In March, Southern Comfort kicked off the first ever Southern Comfort Travelling Tales Cocktail Competition and so far it has been an amazing journey, with the competition stopping at five cities around the country for the State Finals over the past two weeks.
50 Bartenders from all over Australia, who were selected from hundreds of entries, shared their unique cocktails inspired by authentic tales at the State Finals in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia. They went head-to-head for the chance to progress to the National Final and win an incredible, all expenses paid trip to New Orleans – the birthplace of Southern Comfort – including, tickets to the world famous ‘Tales of the Cocktail’ and a honorary bartending spot at one of the city’s most popular bars.
“The calibre of entries for the first year of the competition were exceptional. The State Finalists have set the bar high with their inventive cocktail creations and amazing tales, leaving no room for mediocrity at the National Final. We look forward to having the ten National Finalists bring their tales to the streets of Sydney next month,” said James Johnstone, Southern Comfort Senior Brand Manager.
Congratulations to the ten bartenders who will be heading to the National Final at NOLA Smokehouse & Bar, Sydney, on June 13th.
- Wen Yu Wang, Bro Fist (NOLA smokehouse & bar, NSW)
- Emma Burns, The Shoreditch Sazzy (The Clock Hotel, NSW)
- Jacob Cohen, The Bootlegger (Three Wolves, QLD)
- Ryan Lane, Lalaurie Zoom (The Gresham, QLD)
- Gregory Perrot, Southern Comfort Hot Toddy(Skycity Casino, NT)
- Dan Wall, Saving Grace (Nola, SA)
- Genevieve Maladay, Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop (Garden State Hotel, VIC)
- Hayley Dixon, Battle & Hum (Lily Blacks, VIC)
- Peter Van Zeller, Blazing Heron (Daddy Long Legs, WA)
- James Mason, Berry Herbed (Ku De Ta, WA)
WINNER: Jacob Cohen, The Bootlegger (Three Wolves, QLD)