Our Favourite Spots: Cobbler Bar
- 7 Browning St, West End QLD 4101
With black curtains and no signage make, one may very well walk by Brisbane institution, Cobbler. This speakeasy style whiskey-bar is located on a main street, but still has that back alley drinking hole charm.
Boasting an extensive and impressive back bar, Cobbler utilises a classic library sliding ladder to access their 400 plus whiskies and other spirits. Would it really be a Martin Lange bar if it didn’t boasted a large cocktail menu? Most certainly not, from the classics to modern twists, there is a drink for everyone at Cobbler.
With two levels, Cobbler doesn’t feel cramped. You can easily host your private function or accommodate your large group of friends. Whether it be upstairs, or around one of the many tables throughout the venue. However, you should get there sooner rather than later as it’s no secret how stellar this drinking den is.
Starward Old Fashioned
1 Brown Sugar Cube
2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
2 Dashes Orange Bitters
1 Splash Soda Water
60ml Starward Solera
- Place the sugar cube on a clean cocktail napkin and soak the sugar cube in both types of bitters.
- Place soaked sugar cube in a Rocks glass and crush with a bar spoon with the soda to help dissolve the sugar. Continue to agitate until as much sugar as possible is dissolved.
- Add half the Whisky and stir to start the dilution and chilling.
- Continue stirring and top with a little more ice.
- Add remainder of Whisky, continue to stir to combine flavours.
- When drink is chilled it is ready to be served.
- Garnish with orange twist