This website, its contents (the “Site”) and its associated programs are owned by SouthTrade International Pty Ltd.
In our commitment to providing users of the Site and the FDM associated products with the best possible service, SouthTrade International Pty Ltd reserves the right to update this Policy as new needs become apparent due to the expansion of the site or occur as more content is added. We highly recommend that you check this Policy regularly to keep informed of any changes or updates.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
By interacting with the Site or its associated programs, different types of personal information will be collected from you. The types of information that is collected from you or about you will vary and depend on your use of the Site.
Many aspects of the Site require you to register to receive access to that portion of the Site and its contents, this involves creating a unique user account with a unique password which includes collection of personal information such as (but not limited to) your email, age, name, employment details and postal address. To assist you with the ability to recover your user account, we may ask you to provide sensitive information in the recovery of your lost password.
WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD?
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions, activities and to create and customise your user experience to provide you with the best possible website functions.
The kinds of information we store and collect is varied and includes (but is not limited to):
- Your personal details such as name, addresses, occupation, contact numbers, age and gender.
- Your unique user password to the Site (selected by you) and the sensitive personal information you choose to provide us with to answer security questions to recover your lost password.
- Whether you have purchased products from SouthTrade International Pty Ltd or participated in other FDM associated programs or activities
- Any rewards and redemption details applicable to your membership of FDM or its associated competitions or programs
- Whether you have a connection with others whose personal information we may collect or hold, for example fellow FDM members who are employed by the same company or venue.
- What, how and when you purchased products from an FDM business partner.
- Your stated or likely preferences, for example your preferred spirits that you advise us you are interested in or particular products or promotions you like, share or bookmark on the Site or Social Media platforms.
- Recipes that you share on the Site including (but not limited to) Recipes submitted to the Recipe section of FDM, recipes submitted as a part of competition entries and/or as part of your participation in comments on the Site.
- Your progress and use of the FDM educational materials, modules, certificates or quizzes.
- Your uploaded imagery or video content that you submit to the Site, these may include (but are not limited to) profile pictures of yourself, visuals of food or drinks, visual materials displaying images or sounds of other people.
Some of our products and services, such as masterclasses or social networking events, may require us to collect health information from you for the purposes of looking after your well-being. This information is only used to provide you with those services or to manage such issues. These may include for example food allergy information for events that mixed drinks or foods are being served or emergency contact details for your next of kin in the case of a physical activity, travel or sporting event.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect information in a number of ways, the majority of which is information you give us or upload. Some of these ways of collecting information include but are not limited to:
- Information, materials or content you provide to us. This will include the details you submit to create or update your FDM user account, recipes/articles/blogs/imagery/videos you upload to the site through your user account. Comments that you post. Other information that you submit as a part of your use of the Site and the FDM programs such as competitions, surveys or other events.
- Accessing data from other sources. This information includes data stored and received by way of “Cookies”. This data is used for the purposes of customising your website experience and customising the features of the website to best suit your usage, interests and needs. It may also be used as statistical data to be analysed to assist us to develop FDM to better provide education to the needs of the Australian hospitality industry.
A NOTE ON “COOKIES” & OTHER DATA:
If you are concerned about data being collected from Cookies it is possible to turn off your Cookies on your computer settings. However, many aspects of the FDM website rely on these Cookies to tailor your user experience and to help us further develop the Site to your needs so we highly recommend keeping your Cookies functionality turned on or some aspects of the website may not function properly.
If you wish to learn more about your personal privacy rights or seek advice, we recommend visiting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website that contains information and FAQ sheets on many privacy rights issues and laws in Australia (https://www.oaic.gov.au/). FDM and SouthTrade International Pty Ltd are bound to the Privacy Act 1988 (Crh), which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals.
FDM or the Site may collect information through FDM Third Parties and brand business partners. This may include information you provide in your dealings with Drinks Network participating in a FDM video or purchases you make with our third party brand partners such as Uber Bar Tools.
HOW DO WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is generally stored in computer systems. These may be operated by us or by our service providers. In all cases, we have rigorous information security requirements aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of personal information.
To assist keep your sensitive information safe we use encryption methods including SSL (Secure Socket Layers technology).
FDM take all reasonable steps to keep your information safe and secure and the privacy of our website users is a high priority. Unfortunately, it is impossible to completely guarantee security in an online internet environment and we will not be held responsible for unauthorised access to your user account or personal details or damages this unfortunate occurrence may cause.
LOSS OF OR DELETION OF INFORMATION
While we do collect a wide range of personal information data about you and your use of the site, we cannot guarantee that it will be retained or stored or promise in any way that we will in fact collect the individual types of information listed in this document. While all reasonable care will be provided to store your uploaded data, we make no guarantee that it will be stored and will take no responsibility for loss of that information. You are responsible for keeping your own information recorded or stored and we will not be held responsible for any damages or inconvenience caused by the loss of that information.
There are circumstances where for the purposes of moderating the Site, complying with the law or to make the FDM community a safe and non-offensive environment for users that information or posts may be deleted or removed from the site. This may include materials of any kind that are deemed offensive, breach copyright, are seen as discriminatory in any way, are seen as harassment of others, materials or information that are perceived as unwanted promotional materials or advertising that are a conflict of interest to SouthTrade International Pty Ltd or not of the interests of the FDM community, or any other material as deemed inappropriate by the Site administrative team. In this case, the Site, FDM and SouthTrade International Pty Ltd reserve the right to delete or alter these materials uploaded or collected from the site and will take no responsibility for any damages or inconvenience from the loss of this material on the Site.
As a service to our FDM community, we have website functions that allow users to upload and share intellectual materials such as recipes. As a cautionary backup in the unfortunate event of these recipes or intellectual materials being lost or deleted, we highly recommend storing a personal copy of these materials on another device or storage method such as your personal computer, written in a recipe book or on an external hard drive. While all due care of your uploaded intellectual property will be taken, there are some circumstances that may be out of our control and we cannot guarantee that these materials will not be lost.
HOW DO I ACCESS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION OR ALTER IT?
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law.
If you would like to update or correct your personal information, this can be done by logging into your FDM user account and going to the “My Account” section and following the navigation prompts to the “Edit” section and pressing save once you are happy with your new details.
If you lose access to your user account or forget your password, there are processes you can follow to recover your account. Contact details for SouthTrade International Pty Ltd to make these enquiries are listed at the bottom of this document. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons and to answer sensitive personal password security questions to ensure that you are the individual that you claim to be to avoid unauthorised access to your account or personal information.
If you are concerned that there may have been unauthorized access to your personal details of FDM user account, you should contact SouthTrade International Pty Ltd immediately.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW IS IT USED?
We collect, store and use your personal information primarily to customise your user experience of the Site and associated FDM programs as well as to improve the way in which we communicate our goods and services to you. We may also use this information for internal development purposes such as customising our marketing strategies to better suit your needs as a customer.
Some of the uses of your information may include for example:
- To learn about your likely preferences to assist us to focus our communications on those goods and services that are of most interest to you.
- To provide us with contact details to communicate with you for the purposes of offering you opportunities to participate in events, competitions, masterclasses or to inform you of other new services such as arising professional educational opportunities;
- To provide us with your contact details so that we can email, phone you or potentially visit your listed employer for the purposes of informing you of your winning entry into a competition, to establish prize collection or delivery details or to confirm your eligibility to participate in a FDM program, activity or competition.
- To provide us with sufficient information to ascertain if you are the individual you claim to be in the case of a request to retrieve your unique user account details for the Site to prevent unauthorised access to your account or information.
- To assist in investigating your complaints and enquiries.
- To collect analytical data about the general use and user demographics of the Site and for internal marketing research to assist us to improve the Site and focus resources on the areas of the site that are most useful to the FDM community. In this case only generalised statistical data will be used, not data that singles out you or other singular individuals (data used for this purpose shall not include individual highly sensitive details such as your name or full postal address).
- To provide us with the required personal details for us to hold you a place, ticket or reservation at one of our FDM associated events and to contact you with notification details of the details of such events.
- To promote you and your professional interests. This may include us contacting you to request to promote one of your uploaded recipes or to feature a blog article you have written on the Site. In these cases, we will take all reasonable steps to ask your permission to feature your uploaded materials.
WHO IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED WITH AND UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES IS IT DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES?
We may for the reasonable purposes of providing services to you or operating the functions of the Site occasionally require to share certain details about you with third parties.
When any personal information is shared with Third Parties by FDM or SouthTrade International Pty Ltd it is within the boundaries of the Privacy Act and the Law and only for those purposes that are required to use, operate or improve the FDM Program or the Site or as required by law.
Which third parties may this include and why:
- We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf or to assist us operate the functions of the Site. These third party services may include but are not limited to handling customer support enquiries, daily site maintenance and moderation, site hosting or server requirements or web developers. In all cases all reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that only the information required for the task that they are contracted for will be shared with them.
- We may occasionally be required to share certain generalized statistical user data with Third Party funding bodies of SouthTrade, FDM and the Site for reporting purposes to improve the FDM program and for future planning. In this case this data would not include individual sensitive information, rather just generalised information about site usage and general Site demographics.
- We may occasionally be required to share certain personal information with a brand principle of one of SouthTrade International Pty Ltd’s represented brands (for example, in the case of you receiving a prize from a competition on the Site or due to your request to participate in one of that brands events or travel opportunities
In all cases any information shared about you to Third Parties is for the use, operation of and improvement of the FDM programs and the Site and will not be used for purposes other than those that are considered reasonable for these needs and services or those required by us by law.
There are certain circumstances when we may be required by law to disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies. This may include in the case of assisting law enforcement agencies with their investigations of alleged contraventions of the law or when disclosure is ordered by a Court or in the form of a subpoena.
WHAT ABOUT WHEN I CLICK ON A LINK THAT TAKES ME TO AN EXTERNALLY OPERATED WEBSITE?
FDM and the Site have a number of brand partners and content contributors including other FDM Site users who upload blogs, recipes, comments or video content that may include links to other sites such as their personal youtube channel or business website. In some cases, a brand partner or user contributor may put up an advertisement link or hyperlink to an external site.
With the exception of Sites that are owned directly by SouthTrade International Pty Ltd, we do not control the information or data collection of clicking external links or visiting other non SouthTrade International Pty Ltd sites that may be reached through a link on the Site.
Clicking or linking through to an external site not operated by us is done so at your own risk and should you have any questions or concerns about the collection of your personal information on those sites you should contact those companies that operate those sites directly or read the Privacy Policies on their website.
IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED OVERSEAS? HOW AND WHY IS IT SHARED OVERSEAS?
It is the policy of FDM and SouthTrade International Pty Ltd to require all of our overseas sharing of personal information to be done in a way which requires observance of strict privacy and security standards, both during transit and at the overseas destination. While our business is based in Australia as are many of our service providers, we may allow your personal information to be shared with those who are in countries other than your own location for the necessity of providing you with services, Site functionality, dealing with claims or redemption of prizes. When this is the case:
It is our policy to use trusted service providers who are in the business of providing data storage and processing services who are compliant with Australian privacy w requirements. There may be times where using these service providers are necessary for the operation and administration of the FDM program or the Site. These services commonly involve diverse geographic locations which change from time to time for reasons which include data protection and processing efficiency. Where these services are used by us, it is not practical for us to notify you of which country your personal information may be located in.
HOW DO I MAKE A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE MANAGEMENT OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Fine Drinks Moment and SouthTrade International Pty Ltd care about your privacy rights and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that these rights are respected.
In the unfortunate case that you do not feel that your personal information has been managed properly, or that we may have breached the Australian Privacy Principles, please immediately contact SouthTrade International Pty Ltd so that your concerns can be addressed. Contact details are at the bottom of this document.
In order to consider and deal with any complaint, we may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it. We may also discuss your complaint with our personnel and our service providers and others as appropriate.
We will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way. We will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If we do not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and no other complaint resolution procedures are agreed or required by law, we will inform you that your complaint may be referred to the Privacy Commissioner for further investigation and will provide you with the Commissioner’s contact details.
For further details on your privacy rights, we recommend visiting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website on https://www.oaic.gov.au/
Call: (02) 8080 9150
SouthTrade International Pty Ltd
Suite 1501, Level 15.
61 Lavender Street, Milsons Point, NSW 2061, Australia